Covid-19 Pandemic Resources
A Message From Mary
Dear Fellow Residents,
My team and I have been closely following the news of COVID-19, as we wish to stay well informed and cautious for the sake of all our supporters. Our priority is to do our part to ensure the health and safety of our staff, volunteers and district residents, especially the vulnerable members of our community who are counting on each and every one of us to follow the health and hygiene recommendations from the World Health Organization. These recommendations include:
Washing your hands frequently
Maintaining social in-person distancing
Avoiding touching of the eyes, nose and mouth, as well as hand contact with others
Practicing respiratory hygiene
Seeking medical care early if you have a fever, cough, or difficulty breathing
We as New Yorkers are a resilient people, and I want you to rest assured that we will push through this together. As the situation continues to evolve, I ask that we all act in solidarity with one another, with empathy and care. Please remind friends and family to refuse from giving in to thoughts or acts of xenophobia or panic.
Below are also some helpful links and fact sheets for more information:
In good health and solidarity,
On Saturday, April 11, Mayor de Blasio and Chancellor Carranza announced that New York City public school buildings will not reopen during the 2019-20 school year.
All New Yorkers may pick up 3 free meals a day at more than 400 Meal Hubs open Monday through Friday across all of NYC.
· Children and families can pick up meals from 7:30AM to 11:30 AM.
· Adults can pick up meals from 11:30AM to 1:30 PM.
· Meal hubs do not require registration, identification, or documentation. No one will be turned away.
· All 3 meals can be picked up at the same time, and caregivers can pick up meals on behalf of their children.
· No dining space is available, so meals must be eaten outside of meal hubs.
· Vegetarian and halal options are available at all sites.
· To find a meal hub location near you click the link below or text “FOOD” or “COMIDA” to 877-877.
· If you cannot leave your home to get food, do not have anyone who can bring you food, and you are not able to use private delivery options, you may be eligible to get meals delivered directly to your home.
· Click the link below or call 311 and say “Get Food” for information.
Violence Intervention Program
Violence Intervention Program (VIP)
If you or someone you know needs help, call the 24-hour bilingual hotline to speak with a counselor today.